COMPETITION AND CONSUMER PROTECTION COMMIS
The Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (CCPC) is a statutory body under Ministry of Commerce Trade and Industry. The CCPC was established under the Competition and Consumer Protection Act No 24 of 2010 of the Laws of Zambia.
Its Mission Statement is to safeguard and promote economic welfare by prohibiting anti-competitive and unfair business practices in Zambia.
In order to align its operations to good governance practices, the CCPC wishes to recruit for the following position:
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT – KASAMA OFFICE, NORTHERN PROVINCE (1)
Directorate: Human Resource and Administration
Reports To: Provincial Investigator
Job Grade: CCPC/F
- Effectively undertakes timely provision of secretarial services in order to enhance operations of the Commission
- Effectively undertakes maintenance of buildings and surroundings in order to enhance conducive working environment
- Effectively undertakes timely provision of office space and accommodation to officers in order to accommodate everyone.
- Undertakes timely availability and maintenance of office equipment in order to enhance effective and efficient operations of the departments.
- Effectively undertakes availability and maintenance of transport services in order to enhance mobility of officers and equipment.
- Effectively Undertakes administration and utilization of petty cash in line with policies in order to enhance effective and efficient operations of the provincial office.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Full Grade Twelve (12) Certificate
- A Diploma in Public Administration or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years work experience in a similar position.
- Knowledgeable of microsoft packages (MS Word, Excel, Power Point etc.)
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, decision making, time management, organizational and negotiation skills.
- Exhibit a high level of integrity and professional ethic.
- Team player, committed, motivated and pays attention to detail.
- Valid Driver’s Licence.
CANDIDATES FROM NORTHERN PROVINCE ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Eligible candidates are encouraged to apply to:
The Director - Human Resource and Administration
Competition and Consumer Protection Commission
4th Floor, Main Post Office
P O Box 34919
The closing date is Friday 2nd September 2022
CCPC Fines Levy Mwanawasa Medical University, Red Sea Import and Export Ltd, Prav Holdings Ltd and Jimuceci Enterprises Limited
On 9th August 2022 the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (CCPC) Board of Commissioners at its 57th Board of Commissioners meeting for the adjudication of cases, deliberated on 41 consumer protection cases and 9 competition cases.
ALLEGED DUMPING OF VEGETABLES ON THE LOCAL MARKET
Over K19,000 Worth of Expired Goods Seized in Kasama and Zimba Districts
The Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (CCPC) in partnership with a joint team of health inspectors from Kasama Municipal and Zimba District Councils (KMZDC) have seized assorted expired goods worth K19,016.35 during inspections conducted in Kasama and Zimba districts of Northern and Southern provinces respectively. The inspections were conducted on 10th to 17th of June, 2022 in 128 trading premises of Kasama and Zimba Central Business Districts (CBDs).
The seized goods include assorted carbonated drinks, biscuits and cosmetic products among others. The goods were expired and therefore not fit for human consumption. Selling or offering for sale products not fit for purpose or expired is against the Competition and Consumer Protection Act (CCPA) No. 24 of 2010 as well as the Food and Safety Act No. 7 of 2019.
In light of this, CCPC and its partners wish to advise the traders to abide by the law and desist from engaging in unfair trading practices or any conduct that erode consumer welfare.
Additionally, all suppliers, retailers and distributors are warned to seize selling unsuitable products which have exceeded their shelf life.
Meanwhile, consumers are advised to be proactive and report perpetrators of such unfair trading practices by calling CCPC’s toll-free line 5678 or visiting any of its offices located countrywide or any nearest local council.