Over K19,000 Worth of Expired Goods Seized in Kasama and Zimba Districts
The Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (CCPC) in partnership with a joint team of health inspectors from Kasama Municipal and Zimba District Councils (KMZDC) have seized assorted expired goods worth K19,016.35 during inspections conducted in Kasama and Zimba districts of Northern and Southern provinces respectively. The inspections were conducted on 10th to 17th of June, 2022 in 128 trading premises of Kasama and Zimba Central Business Districts (CBDs).
The seized goods include assorted carbonated drinks, biscuits and cosmetic products among others. The goods were expired and therefore not fit for human consumption. Selling or offering for sale products not fit for purpose or expired is against the Competition and Consumer Protection Act (CCPA) No. 24 of 2010 as well as the Food and Safety Act No. 7 of 2019.
In light of this, CCPC and its partners wish to advise the traders to abide by the law and desist from engaging in unfair trading practices or any conduct that erode consumer welfare.
Additionally, all suppliers, retailers and distributors are warned to seize selling unsuitable products which have exceeded their shelf life.
Meanwhile, consumers are advised to be proactive and report perpetrators of such unfair trading practices by calling CCPC’s toll-free line 5678 or visiting any of its offices located countrywide or any nearest local council.
INVESTIGATOR – MANSA OFFICE, LUAPULA PROVINCE (1)
Reports To: Provincial Investigator
Job Grade: CCPC/E
1. Undertakes effective investigation and assessment of cases.
2. Undertakes effective development and implementation of IEC programmes.
3. Undertakes effective awareness campaigns.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
1. Full Grade Twelve (12) Certificate.
2. A Degree in Economics, Business Administration, or other related business disciplines.
3. Team player, self-starter and sober character.
4. Excellent analytical, report writing skills and good computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Power Point etc.)
5. Team player, committed, motivated and pays attention to detail.
6. Valid Driver’s License is an added advantage.
CANDIDATES FROM LUAPULA PROVINCE ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Eligible candidates are encouraged to address their physical applications to:
The Director - Human Resource and Administration
Competition and Consumer Protection Commission
4th Floor, Main Post Office
P O Box 34919
The closing date is Friday 1st July, 2022.
Over K16,000 Worth of Expired Goods Seized in Mongu District
Expired Goods Seized in Kabwe District
The inspection covered 16 trading premises of Mukobeko and Kawama markets of Kabwe’s Central Business District (CBD) and was conducted on 3rd June, 2022 with the aim at assessing the traders’ compliance levels with the law.